Saturday, April 27, 2019

Featured Model - 4/27/2019, Gold Valegro

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Gold Valegro!



This model was a Limited Edition for 2016, with a run of 3,000 pieces. As item #1783, he was produced on the Valegro mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl.

This model was an unexpected fall release by Breyer after Valegro won the individual dressage gold medal at the 2016 Rio Olympics. He's certainly shiny enough, and gold looks good on Valegro! Not sure how much else I can say about him.

As for Valegro himself, I'd say he's due to appear in another release. We haven't seen anything new on him since 2017, and he's a fairly popular mold. He was a web special in 2017, though, so where would he show up? Maybe at Breyerfest in some capacity, or as this year's second Collector Club release, or maybe a limited edition in the fall? Whatever it is, I hope I can get my hands on it. I'm generally not into dressage in real life, but I think Valegro is one of the best sculpts Breyer has introduced in the last few years. I can't believe he's been out for almost five years already!

No comments:

Post a Comment