Monday, April 22, 2019

Another Curveball

Dang it, Breyer! Just when I think I have things figured out, they go and change it up! Here's Chiffon, the Single-Day Stablemate on Mini-Magnolia:



Look familiar? That's because she's a mini-me of Red Velvet, the Moody Andalusian raffle model from 2009. I kind of thought Breyer would stick with the superheroes theme and give us all decorators for the single-day horses, but they must have decided they needed to do something for the 30th anniversary, so the single-day models will all be mini versions of previous prize models! It's a fun idea, though.



From the blog:

Let’s go back in time all the way to the 20th Anniversary of BreyerFest back in 2009. For those of who don’t remember, it was our 20th Birthday Bash!
Red Velvet was our Saturday Raffle Model and was exceptionally popular with Andy fans and BreyerFest attendees of all ages - and even Red Velvet cake fans!
To honor this amazing prize model, we’ve created a mini-me version – Chiffon!  (We kind of have a thing for cake here at HQ.)

I thought chiffon was a type of fabric - I didn't know it's also a type of cake! Interesting. I'm not a cake person, though (at least, not if I can have pie instead), nor am I a Magnolia person - so this one is going to be a pass. I'm excited to see the rest of the single-day Stablemates, though! Which mini-me versions of prize models would I like to see? Pretty much any raffle model from the last 20 years, I guess!

Let's hope these aren't the only models that pay homage to the 30th Anniversary theme - I'd kind of forgotten about it with all the superhero stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment