Friday, April 12, 2019

An early morning reveal today!

Huzzah - the last special run was revealed today! We didn't have to wait until Monday - it's a miracle. Say hello to Banner!



From the blog:

For a fun twist this year, we decided to use Kathleen Moody’s stunning American Saddlebred Stallion (mold #571) for our 30th Anniversary Special Run decorator model, too! Done in an eye-catching glossy red and black Tortuga clearware, this guy is sure to get your heart racing!

Not that I don't like him, but...did they run out of ideas? What's he a reference to? His name is Banner, but red and black aren't generally associated with the Hulk. It kinda sounds like they tossed a bunch of ideas together to create him and then decided to just go ahead and use him in the special run lineup.

Also, it's a bit odd that they're using the Moody ASB when he's already being used elsewhere - but it's not like I'm terribly likely to get my hands on a Cap, so I won't complain too much. Sheesh, they've been using this mold a lot lately - two web specials, the early bird model and now this guy? Maybe somebody found a ton of bodies in the warehouse they're trying to use up.

So there you have it, folks - all eight (well, seven) special run line models are revealed! As usual, I didn't predict them very well, but that's nothing new. Looks like I'm going to be looking for three of them for my own collection - possibly four, depending on what the surprise is. And my guess for the surprise is still the Moody Andalusian! 

No comments:

Post a Comment