Thursday, September 15, 2016

Featured Model - 9/15/2016, Seattle Slew

Hello, dear reader(s)! Welcome to this week's edition of Featured Model, the weekly event where I pick a random model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary. This week's victim is... Seattle Slew!




Seattle Slew was produced on the popular Lonesome Glory mold, sculpted by Kitty Cantrell and debuting in 2000. The Seattle Slew model, a portrait of the 1977 Triple Crown-winning racehorse and prolific sire, was a regular run from 2002 to 2005. A little blanket of red roses was included with the model.

While I'll admit Lonesome Glory is not my most favorite of all the molds I collect, I do like this color on him. Until last year's Breyerfest, I didn't have that many examples of the mold; I managed to get all four of the mattes and one glossy last year, so that swelled the collection a bit. I do want this year's Holiday Horse as well. I think it's just a matter of liking the mold, but not liking it enough to want to pay the usual asking price for the ones I don't have. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing - shelf space is always at a premium. I would definitely love to get my hands on Mirror Image and Reflection, plus Goin' For Gold and Debonair, to name a few. This year's Breyerfest auction model was a handsome one, too (not that I'll ever own an auction model!).

So, time will tell if I ever find the LGs I want for a price I want to pay! In the meantime, I'll be happy with my matte perlino, Seattle Slew and the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment