Monday, March 4, 2024

2024 new arrivals!

 Exciting news today, everyone! The KHP finally got in the 2024 new releases (well, most of them) and I also snagged a Brandell from Triple Mountain. Behold! 












Well, okay, I have an Iridium too, but she's already on her shelf upstairs, so you don't get a photo of her. 

So, from left to right in the above photo, we have Legend, Cossaco, Atlanta, Brandell, Love and Hope. I know, I know, I wasn't going to buy Love and Hope, but they kinda grew on me...the foal is so leggy, but cute! 





















I'm pretty sure Love and Hope are Sarah Mink sculpts, but I was pleased to notice these two don't seem to have the toothpick legs that Malik and the Marchador have. Well, the mare doesn't, at least. The foal is all legs! I don't remember the last time we got a new Classics foal (2011?) so I'm happy to have another one! I'm looking forward to seeing this pair in a realistic color. 





















There were at least a few of each model to choose from, so it was nice to be able to handpick the ones I wanted. I chose the Cossaco because (at least from the front) he wasn't as flawed as the others, and he's also slightly lighter than the other Cossacos on the shelf. 





















I picked up all but the Brandell models yesterday at the KHP, and Brandell came in today's mail, so today seemed like a good day to blog about them. I really like the Brandell too - I hadn't realized his body color is slightly glittery, similar to the Wassail models. 

Unfortunately, while I did have the chance to handpick my models, pretty much all the Traditionals were body-quality straight out of the box. The Cossaco had little black flecks all over it, some of which took paint with them when I picked/scraped them off, and Atlanta and Legend aren't much better. The ones I left on the shelf were worse! Legend would probably be the best of them, if he didn't have a weird little pink mark/scrape on his butt. The Classics aren't too bad, other than some irregularities in the silver paint on the Love and Hope set's feet. Which is odd, because my Iridium has some weirdness too, and she's completely silver. What's going on with the silver paint? "Smear" isn't quite the right word, but it's similar to that. Hopefully Breyer can get a handle on their QC soon, because I'd like to think the Trads are usually at least a little better than this. 

That's all for today - let's hope we get some exciting reveals soon, because things have been pretty boring lately! 

No comments:

Post a Comment