Monday, October 16, 2023

Rhiannon and Rhemi, plus the holiday collection!

 Great news, readers! This year's final Premier Club release has been revealed - say hello to Rhiannon and Rhemi! At last, we have a new draft foal! 














Wow! I really like them. Here's another angle! 

















From the blog:

Known worldwide for their colorful coats and abundant hair, Vanner horses first arrived in the United States only a few decades ago, but are now one of the most beloved breeds in the country. Across the Atlantic Ocean, however, these small but hardy draft horses have been carefully maintained by Irish and Romani Travelers for many generations. They had need of a horse strong enough to pull a wagon but be gentle enough for a life spent around people, and thus the Vanner horse was born.

Kylee’s own experience with draft horses and motherhood come through in this pair with their warm expressions and tiny details that make them spring to life on a shelf. Kylee shares, “As a mother, a horse breeder and lover of heavy drafts, this whole process touched on all of my favorite things and I love every moment of it.” She also designed their coat colors – mother Rhiannon sports a beautifully-dappled sooty buckskin tobiano (AKA “skewbald”) coat with mapping, kissy spots, and cat tracking. Her filly Rhemi is a bright palomino tobiano that pairs beautifully with her dam. Rhiannon and Rhemi are currently scheduled to arrive for 2023 Premier Club members in November.


The mare is beautiful, and the foal is so cute! I can't wait to order them next month. But this post wouldn't be complete without mention of this year's Premier Club Stablemate, Akilah! 


 







I'll admit I like mini Zafirah better than the big version - I think it's because her front feet aren't so perfectly in line with each other like the big version - but the shoulders still look weird and I'm not terribly interested in starting another conga (and with the 50/50 split I'd have to buy two of them). More sales fodder! 

In other news, some of this year's holiday collection are now available to order - pretty much everything except the two things I want (naturally). Oh, and the Highlander hat, but I can live without that. Nimbus is supposed to come in stock next week, and Wintergreen the week after that. I have no idea if Nimbus will sell out before Wintergreen has a chance to come in stock so I can combine orders, so I'll probably order Nimbus separately (sigh). I wonder if we'll get another CCA sale again this year? The mid-year releases haven't come in stock yet either, and there's a flood of other holiday purchasing coming my way - I guess the holiday season is coming up fast! I hope everyone is ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment