Thursday, October 19, 2023

Once it starts it just doesn't stop

 The reveals just keep on coming - we have our (presumably) first Premier Club release for 2024, because the 2024 Premier Club is open for enrollment! Check out Tigerlily and Firestorm! 


















From the page

Among these three releases will be Tigerlily and Firestorm, a playful Mustang mare and foal set sculpted by Rayvin Maddock with colorful coats brought to life by Lynn Casells-Caldwell. In 2021, the Mustang stallion “Fireheart” debuted as part of the Premier Collection and quickly became one of the most beloved Breyer releases in recent memory. For this year’s edition of the club, he’s adding a beautiful mare and foal to his herd! Tigerlily is a stunning dappled blue roan with her mane and tail dancing in the breeze, and their playful colt Firestorm takes after his father with his blanket appaloosa pattern and fiery personality, rearing up on his hind legs.
I say it's presumably the first release because, well, these reveals usually are the first release. But the wording on the website is "among these three releases," which is a bit confusing. If these aren't the first release, is that first release going to be revealed later? They usually hold off on revealing the subsequent releases as long as they possibly can, but I can't see them making us wait until May to even see the first release. And the first PC release has been a mare and foal set before (Hermosa/Corazon and Rhian/Cadell), so it's not like these couldn't be the first release. Hopefully we get some clarification on this in the near future. Although I guess I wouldn't say no to more of the PC models being revealed before the registration deadline. 

So, do I like this pair? Well, I'll be honest - they're not doing anything for me so far. But Fireheart got the same reaction from me when he was first release, and I have four of them on my shelves now, so things may change in the future. Maybe it'll be easier to decide when we get some better photos. 

Today's other exciting reveal is the final release for the Stablemates Club! Say hello to Brio!






















We saw a few teasers for this guy last year, but nothing since then. They must be getting enough signups for the club now that they don't feel the need to entice people with reveals. That said, I'm not going to join the club until as late as possible because hey, the more reveals we get ahead of time, the better.

So, do I like Brio? Honestly, this one isn't really doing much for me either, but I suspect I'll like him better in person. It's still October, though - I'm not looking forward to waiting until December to order him, but I guess them's the breaks. We'll be able to order Nero, this year's optional model on the mini Georg mold, at the same time as this guy - and I'm definitely excited to see him! 

Sheesh, now I'm almost scared to see what (if any) reveal we get tomorrow - if you mouse over the Club dropdown menu on the Breyer webpage, the 2024 Vintage Club and Stablemates Club pages are primed and ready to go. Will something be revealed tomorrow? Maybe it all will - we can only hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment