Saturday, June 25, 2022

Featured Model - 6/25/2022, Running with Scissors Farm Tour pt. 1

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I...uh, usually pick a model that has an interesting history behind it, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. A few weeks ago I received a request to do a collection tour, so I thought it might be fun to do a few Featured Model posts featuring my collection for the next few weeks. I was going to do it in one post, until I realized how many photos would have to go into that one post and well, I just don't like posts to be that long. So anyway! Let's get started with Running with Scissors Farm Tour, Part 1! 

















I did recently purge about 200 models from my collection, including my congas of Desatado, Smarty Jones, Lonesome Glory, Sherman Morgan, Adios, Amber, Ashley, the Classic Stock Horse Stallion and more, so that's why there are some open spots on the shelves. Room for more ponies, am I right? I was sad to consign all those models to the sell pile, but it had to be done. 
















My favorite mold (so far) is Othello, so I keep them in a spot where I don't have to make my way around the bed to get to them (we like to live dangerously, so the horse room is also the guest room. We don't get many visitors). The only OF Othello models I don't have in my collection are the glossy Fox Valley Oliver and glossy Churchill (plus all of the porcelain ones, but I don't do clinkies. I'm kinda tempted by Galway Warrior though). Those G2 Friesians are the bane of my existence and I finally decided to lay them all down rather than try to stand them all up for the nth time and accidentally knock them down over and over. Looks like there are some Stablemate foals that need to be stood back up too, but...nah. They fall over easily too. 














That's all of the first shelf. I have three more just like it, plus the closet is full of shelves, plus there are built-in shelves on one wall. Lots of shelves! And still not enough room. I also keep binders with photos of every model I own, descriptions, any important notes, price paid, and estimated value. I kinda hope Brishen isn't the surprise model, because I don't know where I'd put them. 


















This is the shelf next to the previously-seen Othello shelf. Those Hucks are kinda the bane of my existence too. The permanent lean some of them have makes me die a little inside, but that's a problem inherent to the mold, unfortunately. 

















Some rearranging clearly needs to be done here, but I just haven't had the time. That poor Sundown is my only remaining PAS; he gets to stay because he's one of the few remaining models from my carpet herd and he was one of my favorites. Plus his tail looks like a French fry! 

That's it for now - tune in next week for Part 2! 

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I LOVE it! Gorgeous collection and display. Those SM CWBs make me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your collection is awesome! I can't wait to see the rest. :)

    ReplyDelete