Thursday, March 24, 2022

Mini Fireheart is here!

 Good news, everyone - my 2021 Premier Club Stablemate, Mini Fireheart, is finally here! Behold! 

















I just couldn't resist putting him on his full-size counterpart. And they're a pretty decent match! 

















He does make a good Stablemate, that's for sure.
















I've seen a lot of reports of bad mane masking, and mine has decent masking on his left side, but not-so-good masking on the right side. His tail is reasonably well-masked, though. 

Quality-wise, the paint job isn't bad other than the masking, but the bigger issue is...this.





















His chest is so pinched he's practically caving in at the shoulder, and his whole left front leg is angled outward as a result. These photos aren't in focus (apologies), but you can still see how bad that shoulder/leg are.





















I'm tempted to request a replacement for him, but considering Breyer still hasn't fixed that issue where the Stablemate gets shipped to the address the last release of the year shipped to, no matter how fast you delete the address from your account, and I had to leave a message with Breyer to get the address changed (kudos to them actually doing it without my having to call them again), I'm not sure it would be worth the effort. So I'll have to think about it for a while. These pinched chests have been a problem for a while (I'm reminded of the pinched Alborozos from the Stablemates Club a couple years back), so it would be good to bring a little more awareness to the issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment