Thursday, March 10, 2022

Flock together, indeed!

 It's official, everyone: the Birds of a Feather web special theme is...still back, and here's the second release of the year: Robin and Nestling! 









They're cute! And piebald robins are things that exist (if rare), so the fact that they're pintos don't really bother me. What does bother me is that these photos look...really artificial? I'm not sure what it is, but they look really weird, like the gloss was added with Photoshop or something. There are 500 of these sets, so...I'm wondering if Breyer is going to have a lot of leftovers of these? They're nothing I need, so no competition there. I guess we'll see if they show up on the website later on, eh? Good luck to everyone entering! 

There was also a Vintage Club blog post today acknowledging the Cooper stamp snafu, so Kingfisher is definitely a future web special. Can't wait to see what he is! Could we be getting our first decorator Bird of a Feather? I hope so! 

2 comments:

  1. Cardinal (Shannondell) was the first release of the year for the Birds series.

    ReplyDelete