Saturday, March 19, 2022

Featured Model - 3/19/2022, 2015 DYOB Moody Andalusian

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model that I don't own but has an interesting history behind it, give some stats on it and provide commentary on it. This week's model is...a 2015 DYOB Moody Andalusian! 















This absolutely stunning model was a OOAK produced on the Andalusian Stallion model sculpted by Kathleen Moody. 

Nicknamed "Diamante," this model was the final result of the DYOB silent auction lot sold at the 2015 Sweet Home Chicago collector event. He was based on the table centerpieces raffled off at the 2009 Lone Star Event collector event, with added gloss and diamond dust. Another completely droolworthy piece that would be an amazing addition to anyone's collection. He was originally owned by a Blabber, but I don't know who has him now. The 2017 LE Liberty is another version of this paint job, and some of these were even glossed (I didn't get one, sadly). Definitely a paint design I wouldn't mind seeing pop up again! Although, I've always wondered about the longevity of those crystals - they'd probably stay on a glossed model pretty well, but it would be a pretty cringe moment if they started popping off those Fighting Stallions. 

I think I've already posted about the Moody Andalusian relatively recently, but I'll reiterate that I think he'd make a great peacock web special. Failing that, give us a new regular run! Make it happen, Breyer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment