Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Contest information, finally!

 Good news, everyone - Breyerfest contest information has finally been released! Not before time...but anyways. Check out the contest info here. Some befuddling stuff there - the diorama prize model is apparently a thing of the past, and has been replaced with glossy Celebration Horses instead. Also, photos of the dioramas have to be submitted ahead of time, but then they still have to be at Breyerfest in person to win? Uh, except for the residents of certain US states who aren't even allowed to enter. A little confused there. It's enough to make me want to wash my hands of the contests completely, and I don't even compete in them - I can't imagine how the diorama builders out there feel. My sympathies.

Let's see, what else was there? The costume contest is entirely online this year - the prizes for that remain glossy Celebration Horses like normal. We don't know what the prizes for the Best Custom Contest are yet, but their names are Brandenberg and Westphalia. Quick prediction - Brandenberg is a black version of Troubadour (NOOOOO!!!!!) and Westphalia is a black mini Fireheart (also NOOOOOO!!!). We'll see if I'm right! I almost went with a black Hamilton, but I think Troubadour would more easily pass for something German-inspired, and Hamilton has already been done in glossy gray/black, so people would probably complain if it was him. 

In other news, Breyer has a new plush - P'Eggy! 
















What a cutie! Uh, I guess they're already out of stock (they went up yesterday), so I hope you all got yours, if you wanted one. I didn't buy one, so no competition there. 

Also, one last tidbit - people's Vintage Club Cooper models have been showing up with the wrong belly stamp. They have a Kingfisher stamp, with a little bird - which seems to be an accidental reveal of an upcoming web special, as well as a rather huge oops for Breyer. I guess it'll make him more memorable that way! So I wonder if that sneak peek from last month was, in fact, Kingfisher? I guess we'll find out...someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment