Monday, February 7, 2022

It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal!

 Good news, everyone! The last Limited Edition release for Breyerfest has been revealed - the long-awaited crystal model! And it's the PAM! 




















Huh, the combination "Crystal PAM" is making me think of Crystal Pepsi for some reason. If I bought one, that's probably what I'd call her, but I'm not a crystal collector, so feel free to borrow away. From the blog:

Lorelei is a 433-foot tall rock on the banks of the Rhine River that was named after the distinct murmuring sound the water flowing through it makes. Inspired by this sound, in 1801, Clemens Brentano crafted the tale of a woman who fell to her death while atop the rock looking for her lost love, and thus a folktale was born. 

This story changed hands and details over the years, including turning the woman Lorelei into a siren who lures sailors to crash into rocks on the banks of the river. Like a good game of “Telephone,” this simple story of lost love evolved into a story of mythological proportions over time, inspiring music, poetry, opera, and art.


Pretty enough, but nothing I need to buy. I just don't collect breakables after the Adriano heartbreak. 

Now that all the Limited Editions and special runs have been revealed, I expect Breyerfest tickets to go on sale soon - maybe tomorrow? I'm not as keen to buy a VIP ticket as I was last year (I just don't think anything from this year will match Pollock's popularity), so I'm not terribly worried about it. Of course, since we've seen all the regular releases so early in the year, I'm sure Breyer will make us wait until the last effing minute to see any of the prizes or raffles, but I can always hope, right? Right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment