Sunday, February 20, 2022

Featured Model - 2/20/2022, Silver Screen

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Silver Screen! 









Fitting name for that colorway, eh? This model was item #712008 and a run of 75 on the Andalusian Stallion mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. He was a special run for the Velvet Rope Event in 2008. 

Silver Screen is one of those models you just never see come up for sale - though he'd probably command a pretty penny these days, so maybe it's better that they don't. In any case, the Moody Andy looks pretty good in smoke - though his color seems to have some purple interference in the above photo? Maybe it's just the flash from the camera, because IDYB's other photo of him doesn't seem to have any interference. Anyways, smoke is one of those colors Breyer could stand to use again soon, as I can't even remember the last time it was used. Cream and Cocoa maybe? Those things were in the NPOD for years. But back to Silver Screen. I'm not sure if I've even seen one come up for sale in the last 10 years, though I haven't been looking that closely. Maybe someday...

As for the Moody Andalusian, he was most recently used as one of the glossy CCA horses over the winter, seemingly a separate run (with the same branding) from the original 70th Anniversary collection, so I don't expect to see a new release on him soon (though I wouldn't protest if there were). He's shown up just about everywhere since his introduction in 2004 - though he's never been a web special, which makes me wonder if that'll change this year. Depends on what this year's theme is, I guess - I doubt they'll continue with Birds of a Feather, but you never know. He'd make a great peacock! And now that I think about it, I think a test model along those lines showed up on last year's Breyerfest broadcast, so clearly I'm not the only one with that idea. Haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment