Sunday, February 13, 2022

Featured Model - 2/13/2022, Duwamish

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Duwamish! 















A special run produced for the Seattle Soiree collector event in 2020, this model was an edition of 48 pieces, item #712363, produced on the Dundee/Australian Stock Horse mold sculpted by Kitty Cantrell. 

While stock horses generally aren't my thing (Geronimo used to be the exception, but I did end culling all of mine), Dundee seems to be the exception to that - I think it's because he looks just sleek enough not to be too stocky for me. In any case, this model was one of the ones that made me sad I wasn't drawn for Seattle Soiree - he's a nice shade of buckskin and appropriately flashy with his white markings. Maybe someday I'll be able to trade for one or something (or maybe the market bubble will burst and prices will go back to being closer to what they used to be). 

As for Dundee, he's been a busy mold lately - he was last year's Breyerfest surprise model, a surprise in and of itself because the mold was still so relatively new. He's scheduled to be released as Romeo, the 2022 Flagship model, in the spring, and who knows what else Breyer has planned for him. Maybe one of the Breyerfest raffle models this year? I could see that, though I'm currently leaning toward Vermeer and Troubadour for that. Hmm, Troubadour is this year's holiday horse though, so maybe that rules him out. The holiday horse is a larger run than something like the Flagship model, so maybe that leaves the door open for Dundee? I guess we'll see...hopefully sooner than June/July this year, eh? 

1 comment:

  1. Troubadour is also currently Native Sun (the reining Morgan). I love Duwamish as well. :)

    ReplyDelete