Saturday, February 5, 2022

Featured Model - 2/5/2022, Rose Gold Filigree Avoriaz

 Hello and welcome to Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the rose gold filigree version of Avoriaz! 















This pretty lady was item #712297 and was a run of 175 on the Carina/Performance Lipizzaner Mare sculpted by Brigitte Eberl. She was a split run with 175 each produced of the two colors, rose gold charm and rose gold filigree.

I wasn't lucky enough to be drawn for either of these beauties when they were first released in 2019, though I've since managed to add the rose gold charm to my collection. They seem to be strangely unpopular despite their low run numbers - there are only a few currently listed on eBay, but none of their prices are for more than $365, while last year's 200-piece decorator versions of the Breyerfest special runs are still selling for twice that or more, and I wouldn't call Carina an unpopular mold. She's certainly still new enough that the shine shouldn't have worn off yet, or so you'd think, but...there it is. I guess rose gold isn't as exciting a color as Breyerfest decorators. Despite my general dislike of pink, I do like her, and wouldn't mind finding the filigree for my collection someday. 

As for Carina, she's had a healthy number of releases since her 2017 debut. She kind of looks like a fluttery little bird, so I wonder if they'd use her for another Birds of a Feather release? Croi and the Moody ASB both had back-to-back (or very close to that) web special releases in the past, so it's definitely a possibility. I believe I heard something about another Breyer special event happening this year as well, so it's definitely possible she could show up there as well. Either way, I hope it's something I can get my hands on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment