Saturday, July 3, 2021

Featured Model - 7/3/2021, Gold Rush

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. You may have noticed that Featured Model was on hiatus last week; my apologies about that. Anyway, this week's model is...Gold Rush! 















This handsome guy was a raffle model at Breyerfest 2002. He's item #711417, and was a run of 26 on the Huckleberry Bey mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. 

I wasn't that much of a fan of this model when he was first released - I thought he was too plain to be a raffle model. I guess I'll chalk that up to being young and dumb? He really is a nice color, with a lot of depth to it and plenty of shading despite being a simple palomino on the surface. I've actually seen a couple of Gold Rushes sell in the somewhat recent past, and for not-terribly-outrageous prices if I recall correctly. Perhaps there's hope that I'll own one eventually? For how pedestrian I found him 19 years ago, I'd be proud to own him today. 

As for Huck himself, he's always had his share of popularity, and has received a large number of releases in response - I have a good number of them on my shelves! His most recent Breyerfest appearance seems to have been 2015, so I'd say he's due to make another appearance there soon. Perhaps the surprise model? Or the volunteer model? Either would be okay with me...but not my bank account. If not Breyerfest, maybe as a TSC model? He was a web special in 2018, so I wouldn't expect them to use him there again. Either way, I hope his next release is obtainable! Haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment