Friday, July 16, 2021

Breyerfest Recap Day 1: Pleasantly Surprised

 Well, people, the first day of Breyerfest 2021 is over...and I'm actually pretty happy! It wasn't nearly the disaster of last year (though I did hear of some people having difficulties with buying things) but fortunately, other than some slowness while adding things to my cart, things worked pretty much perfectly for me! I was able to order at least one of everything I wanted, and as of this writing, it doesn't look like any of the Breyerfest models have gone into backorder or sold out yet. Woohoo! Looks like Refreshfest is a thing of the past...hopefully. 

In the meantime, we had some not-so-surprising reveals when we logged onto the store today - they're doing preorders of the glossy Apollo, Queen of Hearts and of course Rheverence! And they all look amazing in gloss! 









There's the glossy Rheverence. What a beauty! The only downer is that they won't ship until December, but I guess I'm used to that after having the same deal happen last year with the store specials. 

I spent most of the day watching the live broadcast, hoping someone would slip up and accidentally give us a clue about the Seven Arts Surprise, but nothing has happened so far. Congratulations to all the raffle winners! If your name wasn't called, make sure to check your email, because you have to respond to that to get the model if your name was drawn. I wasn't, unforunately, but there's always tomorrow's raffle and the VIP raffle! Speaking of the VIP raffle, it turns out the prizes are the glossy versions of the Celebration Models from 2016-2020. Five lucky winners will receive one of them! Crossing my fingers that I get drawn and they send me the glossy Brass Hat! 

Also, the extra VIP swag was revealed - here's a tiny picture! 









In case you can't see it, that's a visor, a pair of rainbow sunglasses (YES!!!), lip balm, stickers, pins, a cup and a coin purse (I think?). Pretty nice - I'll definitely wear those sunglasses with pride. Yay! 

I sort of wanted to get a warehouse grab bag, but they sold out too quickly for me to get one - and my bank account was on fire anyway, so I'm not too bothered that I didn't get one. Here's a link to Breyer's eBay page, though - they're selling off some slightly more desirable things there, though some of the prices are already too high ($850 for a Benasque? No thanks). The other items are the Zion and Moab web special set, the clearware Rainbow Weather Girl, the Acadia web special and the Solar web special. 

That's all I can think of to write about for now - see you all tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment