Sunday, March 7, 2021

Featured Model - 3/7/2021, Glossy Malik

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. I, uh, may have forgotten to write this yesterday...but better late than never! This week's model is...Glossy Malik! 








I'm not sure how many of these models were produced, but they were intended as door prize giveaways at live shows that were part of the 2020 Live Show Benefit program, which ended prematurely last year due to the Covid-19 pandemic. He was item #712532 and was produced on the Classic/Freedom Series Malik mold sculpted by Sarah Minkiewicz-Breunig. 

He's definitely handsome in that liver chestnut color, but the gloss takes him to the next level. I'm hoping I can get my hands on one of these eventually - I think 10 of them were just given away to people who bought tickets to Breyer Boot Camp, so at least some of them have made it into collectors' hands. 

Despite his crazy hair, I do like this mold. When is he going to get the Lisa Frank treatment like Mason did this year? Maybe next year. I guess he's still in the regular line as High Tide, but maybe he'll get a more realistic color as a mid-year release. Or maybe he'll be this year's Classic-scale Collector Club model? They seem to be alternating between old and new molds for those, which would make 2021 a year for an old mold, but rules are made to be broken, right? Anything could happen, but that '80s-rock-star hair is just begging for an insane decorator color, so I'm hoping we get something like that eventually! 



No comments:

Post a Comment