Sunday, March 21, 2021

Featured Model - 3/20/2021, Glossy Fox Valley Oliver

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the Glossy Fox Valley Oliver! 









This model was a glossy prize model for Breyerfest 2008. He's item #1314G and was a run of 35 produced on the Othello mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. 

Othello is, of course, very handsome in black, but becomes stunning in glossy black. Hubba hubba! I'm unlikely to ever own one, sadly, but he's beautiful all the same. The prices for one of these were ridiculous even a few years ago, and Othello is still a really popular mold, so I'm sure they're even more insane now. I do have his matte counterpart, along with almost all his other obtainable releases, so I really can't complain. 

As for Othello, I don't anticipate a new release on him anytime soon, since he was used for Breyerfest last year and a web special in 2017, but I could be wrong. Maybe he'll be used in the Birds of a Feather series as one of those chickens with feathers all the way down their legs? Who knows. If we ever get another collector event I could see him being used for that...gulp. Let's not go there, eh? Maybe he'll be one if this year's Tractor Supply releases - those aren't hard to get ahold of, and draft horses were used on the farm back in the day. Or perhaps a regular run? That would be a lot easier on my pocketbook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment