Monday, January 1, 2024

What am I looking at here?

 Happy New Year, everyone! I hope everyone is having a good January 1, and I hope we all have a great new year ahead of us. 

Since it's a new year, it's time for new reveals, I guess! So we have our single-day Stablemates, and...well...I'm just confused by this. Let me badly illustrate this in Paint: 











So...celebrating the triumphs of real horses...and then...












...celebrating the real horses by...doing decorators...? I'm so confused right now! Why are they decorators? Why are they jewel tones? Why are they inspired by pop songs, which an astute Blabber pointed out will probably have to be changed later? Why am I rolling my eyes right now? 

Well...whatever. I guess I don't have to like everything, and they are nice colors even if I don't collect any of the molds. And Breyer is known for not adhering to themes very well...but this is just bewildering. I think most people were expecting these to be portraits of real horses, or rare breeds or something, so it's all just very confusing. Maybe it's my innate dislike of Taylor Swift and most pop singers taking over, I don't know. Grumble, grumble, get off my lawn, etc. 

Anyway, let's hope the next few reveals are really great! I'm looking forward to the 2024 new releases, myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment