Monday, January 22, 2024

The Phoenix rises again!

 Exciting news today, readers! The Classic-scale Limited Edition for Breyerfest was revealed today - behold! 

















Ooh, I like him! And I like how the mane forms the phoenix's wing. I like the blue contrast on his lower legs and feet, too. 

Unfortunately, his design is drawing a lot of comparisons to ketchup and mustard and trips to Flavortown (edit: and Flamin' Hot Cheetos!). I saw the blog post first and didn't really have a lot of McDonald's thoughts, but it is funny to see some of these comparisons (someone else said they were going to name theirs Hot Dog). Maybe the yellow should have been more golden to avoid those comparisons? Either way, I still want to buy one. And while I'm not thrilled with the song name choice for this one, I don't hate it either (it's one of those songs that's easy to tune out. Sorry, Pink). 

In other news, the Valentine's Day plush has been revealed! 





















What a cutie! I wonder if it'll sell out? 

In other, other news, most of the 2024 new releases are now available to order on the website. I'm tempted to order an Atlanta and Legend, but don't really want to spend the money right now. They'll be available all year, so I'm not in a huge hurry to buy. 

That's it for now - but it looks like there's going to be something new on the Breyerfest blog tomorrow! Probably another impossible-to-guess hint, but I guess we'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment