Sunday, November 26, 2023

Rhiannon and Rhemi (and Akilah) are here!

 Good news, readers! My Rhiannon and Rhemi set have arrived, along with Akilah! Behold:















What a set! They're magnificent. 













I love the color on the mare - it's so rich. There's a lot of detail in the paint jobs on both of them - namely the discolored feather on the legs of both - typical of a broodmare and foal just in from a muddy field, which these two clearly represent. 





















I love the teeny little chestnuts on the foal! 



I love the expression on the mare's face - she looks like a wise old matriarch who's raised her share of babies. 





















Quality-wise they're both very nice - I didn't see a flaw on either of them, other than some blurred spot edges on the mare. Very nice quality set! 

Also included in this shipment was Akilah, the miniaturized Zafirah! 



















Something seems to have been changed with her front feet so they're not dead even with each other like they are on the full-sized model. This makes me like the sculpt a little more, but not enough to want to keep it. 



















Pretty, but still not my cup of tea. 





















Her quality was also very nice; I didn't see any major issues with her, though her eyes are a pretty plain black color - I'd have expected eyewhites or something, considering this is a Premier Club model, after all. But I guess I shouldn't expect too much from a freebie. 

Well, that's the conclusion for this year's Premier Club. Time for another long wait before we see next year's models! 

No comments:

Post a Comment