Sunday, September 19, 2021

Featured Model - 9/19/2021, Buckskin Test Shire B

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the Buckskin Test/Auction Shire B! 









This model was a OOAK produced for the Breyerfest live auction in 2003. He was produced on the Shire B mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. 

I remember seeing this model up for sale a few years ago, but I don't remember what the sale price was. Probably more than I wanted to pay at the time, but still less than it would be in today's crazy market. Or maybe not, since Classics aren't as popular as Traditionals. Anyway, I like the Shire B in this color - he has a lot of shading and it looks like his ribbons are fairly detailed. This guy is a bit of a rarity anyway since you don't really see Classic auction models anymore. I wonder if anyone has ever used their Design Your Own Breyer lot on a Classic mold? That would be interesting to see, if probably a waste of money (especially now that it costs upward of $5,000 to buy). 

I feel like I've posted about the Shire B (and/or A)a lot in recent times, so I'm not sure there's much I can say - I doubt he'll have any special run appearances since he was Callahan in 2018, but you never know. Maybe he'll get a new RR release next year? Both molds are sadly neglected, so it would be good to see a new release on one of them. Ooh, I have an idea - they could do a set for Halloween in some type of realistic color, with orange/black ribbons! Buttermilk buckskin, maybe? Orange and black ribbons for one, and purple/green for the other? I'd buy that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment