Thursday, September 23, 2021

New arrivals and Breyerfest VIP Second Chance Sale!

 Greetings, readers! I know, I know, I haven't posted much lately, but there really hasn't been all that much to post about, other than my Thriller still hasn't shipped, nor has my Equidae, which irks me because I ordered them both from dealers, whereas people who ordered direct from Breyer have them in hand already. But there are a lot worse things I could be (and am) dealing with in the non-model world, so I'll leave my griping to a minimum. With all the shipping delays we've been seeing, and notices that it isn't going to let up anytime soon, I decided to order all the remaining RR items I hadn't yet purchased, because who knows when they could go out of stock and how long it'll take to get them back in stock. And who knows if they'll even do a Collector Club Appreciation sale this year with how long it's taken to get things in stock. Of those items, nothing has arrived yet except for this little beauty! 



That's right, it's the mid-year mulberry gray mini Alborozo! I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the box and saw him, because I thought he was going to be a flat mulberry gray - I wasn't expecting him to be so pearly! That makes me way more excited about him than I was before. 




What a beauty, and his mane is almost painted correctly! 

And no, your eyesight isn't deceiving you - that model in the background is in fact...




...the Gold Pollock, which I obtained for a price I'll probably still cringe at later - but less cringeworthy than any others I've seen since this whole thing started. He's a beauty too, though I think I prefer the original, honestly - the rainbow spots are too subtle, and when you get him up close they're slightly transparent! It would be interesting to see how this one was painted. 

Yes, those are a Caliente and a glossy leopard Slainte Surprise also in the background, but this post is getting too long already, so suffice it to say I went on a Best Offer spree on eBay and came out the other side a victor...well, sort of. Those new sales taxes hit hard! 

And finally, I also have a photo of my Old Glory, which came a few weeks ago: 


I'd ordered one from a dealer back in April, only to have my order pushed back to September because I didn't get it in fast enough. So I twiddled my thumbs for months waiting, only to see them come in stock on Amazon and with free shipping to boot. So finally I canceled my dealer order and got one from Amazon two days later. Interestingly enough, his silver markings are decals laid over the glossy clearware, as I discovered when I noticed a little piece of masking still on the edge of one of the stars and it peeled right off. Which...leaves me with an insatiable temptation to just peel them all off. NO! Must resist! 

So anyway, Old Glory did finally join my herd - a few weeks later than I'd hoped. 

Lastly for this post, the Breyerfest VIP Second Chance sale has finally been announced! From the email:

We’re excited to be able to offer our BreyerFest VIP guests the first chance to get some more of the exciting Special Runs, Limited Editions, and merchandise from BreyerFest: Horse of a Different Color! Mark your calendar for Tuesday, September 28th! The 2nd Chance Sale is scheduled to open on or around 11:00 am EDT.

Here’s your chance to add that model you wish you grabbed during BreyerFest weekend! You can purchase one Special Run model from the available ones shown on the collection page. Additionally, there are Limited Edition models as well as Horse of a Different Color merchandise available for purchase.


I'm resisting the urge to complain a lot here, but...one whole model? Really? Usually they let us get two when in-person and in the previous leftover sales...so, bleh. So much for getting one of the runs of 200 I still need. Taking the photo in the email at face value, there aren't any Pollock, Uffington or Knossos models left, so I'll have to decide what's the better gamble - Ansel, to try to get a blue one, or Seurat for a glossy? I won't even bother with a Seven Arts since I only need two of those from 10 possibilities. I wish we could at least get two models. 

But I'll stop my complaining for now and hope I can at least log on at 11am EST on Tuesday to get something.  Let's hope my other orders and Halloween items get here soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment