Friday, March 29, 2019

The next entry in the America the Beautiful series - Bandelier!

Exciting news today (since Breyer didn't see fit to reveal yesterday's teaser...)! We have a new entry in the America the Beautiful series - Bandelier!



El Pastor makes a comeback! From the website:

In a palette of colors inspired by this national monument’s landscape, Bandelier is a shaded dapple buckskin tobiano pinto. A Paso Fino, his breed’s roots trace back to the mounts of the Spanish conquistadors who once explored this area. He has detailed eyes and a high gloss finish, and features “Bandelier” printed in black on his belly.
I've noticed a lot of typos and incorrect grammar in Breyer's posts lately, so it's nice to see them using "palette" correctly. Anyway...he's definitely handsome! Nothing I need to enter for, but that gloss really makes him pop! I like his mane stripe, too. Unfortunately, I noticed something when I looked at the photo of him in the email from Breyer:



The dreaded pink eyewhites make a return! I thought Breyer had abandoned those. Hopefully that's not a deal-breaker for people who want to buy him.

In other news, it looks like this year's releases are going to be really light on my wallet, between the lack of Breyerfest or Vintage Club things I want, and now this web special. But I'm not going to complain - spending less money on the hobby right now is probably for the best! Good luck to everyone who enters for Bandelier. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning typos. They are all around and sickening, and sometimes I'm not brave enough to tackle the problem. On the good side, Bandelier is a great but underappreciated park. I have the rare book written by Adolph Bandelier; I've named a few horses out of it (Shokayo, Baranquilla).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breyer's blog and Facebook posts have had a lot of really awkward grammar lately! Apparently whoever's writing them hasn't heard of apostrophes or contractions...

    ReplyDelete