Monday, March 18, 2019

Second Vintage Club release of 2019 - Leopold!

All right, I know this is old news by now, but I had to post about it. Breyer revealed the second Vintage Club release of the year last week - Leopold, on the Fighting Stallion!



He definitely looks good in the Appaloosa Performance Horse colorway! This is the third time we've seen this color in the Vintage Club, after Eagle and Halo. It's a nice color, so I'm not really bothered by that, but this is the second time we've seen the Fighting Stallion - he first appeared as King in the first year of the club. While I admit his first appearance was kind of a waste (plain buckskin? Yawn!), it seems odd that we're seeing molds get repeated when there are still plenty of vintage molds that haven't been used yet - like the Western Horse, or the Race Horse, or many others.

Fortunately, we haven't seen the rest of the club releases yet, so the Western Horse could still appear. And I'll admit my opinion doesn't really mean much, since I don't collect vintage molds and didn't join the club this year. Hopefully the Western Horse gets some love later this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment