Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Another teaser on the blog, plus Vintage Club reveals!

Exciting news today - there's another sneak peek on the blog! Check it out!



Looks like a Weather Girl front leg to me - it's about time they post something I want to buy! From the blog:

Our next Special Run model is sure to weave its way into your hearts!

So I'm guessing it's a Black Widow reference and the model's name will be Natasha? I guess we'll have to wait until the official reveal - probably on Friday. The color looks like some kind of buckskin? I guess with the spider reference they could be going with a garden spider's colors (sort of), but I'd expect something named for Black Widow to be, well, black...(or red, or red and black, but they've already done a bay model with Diana). I guess we'll find out when we find out.

In other exciting news, Vintage Club welcome letters are also going out to club members, and Breyer decided to tell us what this year's releases after all! It just took them longer than usual, and there aren't any photos of them yet...But still.

So, the remaining releases for this year are a gambler's choice Shire Mare in four colors and...the Thoroughbred Mare and Nursing Foal!!! In..."soft dappled buckskin tobiano." Boo, I was hoping for glossy alabaster...though I'll probably have to buy them either way. I wonder if they'd make a nice family with Bristol? I guess we'll find out! And this year's Stablemate freebie is a mare and foal set - no word on which molds.

Also, this year's optional model Claude (the charcoal Shannondell) will be released in November. Usually it comes out earlier than that, but Breyer's not that stupid - tons of people would buy him and then bail on the rest of the releases.  They'll probably end up with a mountain of unsold Thoroughbred Mare/Nursing Foal sets as it is, so I can't really blame them for that. I'm excited to see photos of the rest of the releases!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking that leg is Carrick's off fore. Thanks for the news!

    ReplyDelete