Thursday, March 7, 2019

Move Over, Beethoven

Well, that figures! I didn't think they'd reveal the new special run until tomorrow, so I posted my special run predictions today! Then they revealed Bucky after all! I guess it's still good we didn't have to wait until tomorrow. So, here's Bucky!



I have to admit I kind of forgot/overlooked the St. Bernard mold, but given his past Breyerfest history, I don't think you can blame me. He previously appeared as Beethoven back in 2010, which turned out to be a rather epic blunder on Breyer's part - he didn't sell well, and I remember seeing leftovers in the Breyer store for years afterward! It's too bad, because it really was a clever idea.

Hopefully this iteration of the St. Bernard sells better than the last one did! I hope Breyer learns their lesson and doesn't make more than 750-800 of these guys to prevent tons of overstock. I won't be able to help with that, unforrtunately, as I don't collect the St. Bernard.

This is getting a little bit disconcerting - we're up to 4 of 8 special run line releases, only three of which we'll see beforehand. So far I don't want any of them - is that going to continue? Will this be the year I don't need anything from the special run line, aside from possibly the surprise model? That would be...bizarre. The last time I wanted so few things from the special run line was 2012, the first year we attended! Hopefully Breyer comes out with something I want soon, because I'm getting tired of saying the releases are nothing I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment