Saturday, March 9, 2019

Featured Model - 3/9/2019, Jubilee

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Jubilee!



This beauty was a special run for Breyerfest 2014. He's item #711185 and was a run of 1200 on the Andalusian Stallion mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

I love this model! He's one of my favorites on this mold, and it should be easy to see why - he's a spectacular color! Breyer's silver bay colors always look awesome - at least in my opinion. I love his pearly mane and tail and his luscious gloss and his shading and dapples! He's beautiful.

He was pretty popular at Breyerfest too - he was one of the special runs that sold out. A big part of that was probably the 25 silver charm models scattered throughout the run, but still! He was a popular guy.

As for the Moody Andalusian, I've been waiting for him to show up as the Breyerfest surprise model for years. Could this finally be his year? Granted, he wasn't an auction model last year, but maybe Breyer will finally notice we've noticed that pattern and change things up a bit. You never know what could happen.

I'm also wondering if they'll put small runs of 30 in with the special runs this year, like the runs of 25 from 2014? I doubt it, or it'd make Breyer too predictable, but it would definitely be fun! They seem to be going more for the superhero/hero horses theme, though, so I wouldn't count on it happening.

But anyway, back to the Andalusian. He made an appearance last year as the highly popular rainbow special run Prism, so I don't really expect him to show up anywhere else - but he's never been a web special, so maybe he'll show up there? I can only hope - several molds have been used more than once, so it's definitely a possibility that we see him. I hope we get something really cool!

1 comment: