Friday, February 9, 2018

The special run is revealed!

The mystery is solved - the latest Breyerfest 2018 special run is on Ruffian! Meet Dead Heat!



When this was first posted on Facebook, I misread the name as "Dead Hat" and was really confused for a second.

But anyway. Woohoo, a Ruffian! And this means she isn't the surprise! I always thought Ruffian had been criminally underused at Breyerfest. Only one of her four appearances there has been actually attainable for the masses - surely she could have been a tent SR again before now? Oh well. This also means she won't be the volunteer model - one more mold we can strike from the list of possibilities!

Her color is pretty, although I feel compelled to point out she's basically the same color as the three models in the "Who Wore it Best?" contest last year, as well as Fletcher. Was there a discount on orange paint this year? I kid, of course - I definitely want her to join the collection.

There's one other interesting thing about this reveal - the Breyer reveal photo on Instagram showed Dead Heat with the original, longer Ruffian tail rather than the current American Pharoah tail. What gives? Are we going to see both tail variations amongst these models at Breyerfest? I don't know if two different tails is enough to make me buy two of them.

1 comment: