Saturday, February 24, 2018

Featured Model - 2/24/2018, Black-Eyed Susan

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Black-Eyed Susan!



This little lady was produced in 2016 for the Chasing the Chesapeake collector event. She's item #712198 and is one of 76 produced on the Fell Pony mold, sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

I love this little model - she's so small she hardly takes up any space! That's a good thing when shelf space is at a premium. She and her only other release, the original Carltonlima Emma, can be moved pretty much wherever to make room for other things.

I was fortunate enough to be able to buy this model at the actual Chasing the Chesapeake event, which was a lot of fun. Her color is really nice, although I'd personally like to see at least a little bit of white markings to make the model a little more visually interesting. 

I like the Fell Pony mold (last year's auction model was to die for), but I think it may have gotten a bit lost among all the other new molds we've had lately. I wish Breyer would use her for something - maybe she'll make a Breyerfest appearance as some type of companion/stable pony, like Exterminator's Peanuts. I could definitely get behind that!

Speaking of Breyer special events, at Chasing the Chesapeake we were told the next event would happen in the spring of this year. I wonder if that's still the case, with all we've been seeing about various Breyer staffers moving on to other positions? They would need to be notifying us pretty much right now to be able to plan effectively for any type of spring event. Maybe it's been pushed back to the fall? I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment