Saturday, February 10, 2018

Featured Model - 2/10/2018, I'm Yours

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...I'm Yours!



I thought it would be fitting to feature her this week, as my other Valentine's Day-themed model. She was produced in 2012, in a run of 222. Despite her low (and slightly odd) run number, she wasn't terribly popular at the time, probably because people were tired of seeing decorator Web Specials. She was produced on the popular Bluegrass Bandit mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody and Sommer Prosser.

In last week's post, I mentioned I liked the style of red roan that looks like candy - almost good enough to eat - and this model looks even more candy-like than Be Mine! I love her. Her color is a little redder than Be Mine's, and she's got some nice gold highlights on her mane to set her apart even more. Sure, the lip prints are kinda tacky, but it's still a clever idea. Too bad Breyer never produced a foal or two to match them.

We also haven't had many decorator Web Specials since 2012, other than the Big Cats and the obligatory silver filigree special runs. I doubt we'll get anything zany this year with the continuation of the America the Beautiful theme, but maybe we'll get another kooky Big Cat! And who knows what next year will bring.

I really hope we get a new Bluegrass Bandit soon. We did get Repeat the Beat at Breyerfest last year, which might mean there's something new forthcoming. Hopefully it's something nice (and attainable!).

That's all I have for right now. I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment