Saturday, February 17, 2018

Featured Model - 2/17/18, Yasmin

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Yasmin!



This pretty lady was the final release of the 2016 Premier Club, with approximately 750 produced. She's item #90181 and was sculpted by Brigitte Eberl.

Yasmin first appeared as a cryptic hint on Breyer's website back in October 2016 - some of the speculation back then jokingly suggested that the hint looked like some kind of bovine breed. Fortunately, the model did turn out to be a horse - otherwise I'm sure we'd have had riots among Premier Club members.

I haven't measured her to be exact, but I'm pretty sure Yasmin is among the longest models I've ever encountered - she's huge! It's very difficult to get her to fit into my photo tent and still take a photo of her. I'm dreading when Zena eventually joins my herd - that horn looks like it'll add at least an inch to her length, and it's hard enough to photograph her as it is!

Oh well. That's a problem for the future - Zena hasn't even been in stock anywhere yet. The dreaded shipping delay from China strikes again. Despite being such a new mold and appearing in the Breyerfest lineup last year, I think Yasmin may be a strong candidate for this year's Breyerfest surprise model.

Or maybe she'll show up as a web special? I'm so excited about the continuation of America the Beautiful - so many more possibilities! And there are a lot of molds out there that have never appeared as web specials before. Yasmin-as-web-special would be a welcome addition to my herd! Just, you know, maybe in a couple of months or after Breyerfest, to facilitate my attempts to cut back on spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment