Friday, January 26, 2018

Glossy Foiled Again models at Breyerfest!

There's a new reveal on the Breyerfest Blog! Behold, the glossy Foiled Again:



According to the blog, this is a special edition that will only be available at Breyerfest. I figured they'd just gloss 500 or so of the regular run version of him, but there do appear to be some differences between the two (I don't own the regular run myself, so I'm going by the photo on Breyer's website). Here's the regular run:


The special edition looks like it has darker shading than the regular run, and the halter is green rather than yellow. The dark spot just above his tan hoof looks more prominent on the regular run as well, but that might just be the photo angle.

Interesting that they're actually painting some new Foiled Agains instead of glossing some from the regular run line. I suppose they have to put a little more effort into it since the real horse will be at Breyerfest and people will want to get their models signed.

The blog says any leftover models will be offered for sale to the public - I wonder how many they'll produce? This isn't anything I need to buy, so at least there won't be any competition from me.

My only gripe is - this would have been a great opportunity to finally release the Sarah Rose Hambletonian in plastic. Then it'd be about guaranteed to sell out! What a missed opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment