Saturday, January 13, 2018

Featured Model - 1/13/2018, Geronimo

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Geronimo!



Geronimo was the first release in the 2016 Premier Club. Sculpted by Kitty Cantrell, around 750 of this model were produced (as far as we know).

This mold is a bit of a departure for me. After I ended up selling or trading Wyatt, Bobby Jo and all of the other stock molds I owned from childhood, I finally realized why: stock horses just aren't my thing. I'm not that into Quarter Horses or other stock breeds in real life, either; this is probably because stock breeds are all you see around here.

So it's a bit odd that Geronimo is in my collection, being of a stock type, but I suppose there has to be an exception to every rule. I just find him really handsome! Well, most of him. There's something about his head I don't quite like. I think I've read that his eyes aren't quite placed where they should be on his head, and that might have something to do with it. In any case, it's not an issue that's enough to make me consider selling my Geronimos. The color on this model is really nice, too, although I think Breyer needs to give grulla a rest - it's been on everything lately, or so it seems.

Geronimo got a lot of use last year, as the TSC special run Jacy, Bandera (and later, glossy Bandera) and the matte and glossy Saffron special run models at Breyerfest. He's also been a raffle model and contest prize at Breyerfest (in 2016). So I wouldn't expect to see a lot of him this year, other than maybe popping up as a web special at some point. But hey, I wouldn't say no to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment