Saturday, October 7, 2017

Featured Model - 10/7/2017, Delivery Wagon Shire B

Hello, readers, and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the Delivery Wagon Shire B!



This handsome guy was produced in 2003-2004 as part of the Delivery Wagon with Clydesdale Team set. This set included a very pretty blue delivery wagon, two harnesses and the Shires A and B in a nice bay color. It was item #2405, and the Shire B was sculpted by none other than Kathleen Moody. I believe this set was a regular run, which makes one wonder why it's so expensive to obtain now. I don't think it was particularly popular at the time of its release, so that may be why.

In last week's Featured Model, I think I said Make a Wish was the first mold to have interchangeable body parts, but clearly I forgot about the Shire B! Although I'm pretty sure the Shire B is its own mold, distinct from the Shire A, but I don't know for sure. Either way, everyone knows the Shire A and the Shire B are the same mold, but the Shire B has the tucked head to distinguish it.

I wish the Shire B would get used more often; the Shire A has had a healthy number of releases and is in the current line as the Best of British Shire Stallion and was used as the Sharpieloosa Triton last year. Shire B, though, hasn't been used since his unexpected appearance as Frosty in 2014, and had only two wide releases before that.

I like this mold because he looks like he's showing a little more attitude than the Shire A. There's the Shire A, looking all happy and obedient, stealing the limelight again. Shire B tosses his head in frustration! He wants to be the star too! But there's the Shire A, that goody-two-shoes jerk. Shire B will show them someday! He'll show them all! Er...you get the idea.

So, anyway. The Shire B definitely needs more chances to shine - hopefully this happens soon! I'm always down for more releases on molds I like!

No comments:

Post a Comment