Saturday, October 14, 2017

Featured Model - 10/14/2017, Forever Saige

Hello, readers, and welcome to yet another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is: Forever Saige!



This item was #90175, and was the final release of the 2015 Premier Club. This was the original release for this mold, and she was sculpted by Kristina Lucas Francis. As a Premier Club release, we don't know exactly how many were produced, but it's probably safe to assume there are around 750 of them...unless some of the leftovers got painted over and released as the chalky Hwins that have been popping up at Tractor Supply recently. But we don't have any confirmation of that.

This model was pretty controversial when it first came out, mostly because of her neck, which evidently started out shorter and was lengthened per a request from Breyer. Personally, it doesn't really bother me that much, mostly because her sassy expression makes up for it. I love this mold's attitude! She definitely has that boss-mare "don't mess with me" look.

As for her color, I like it, though the purplish shading is a little odd, and I'm starting to get tired of nearly every new release being some shade of grulla (Forever Saige, Primrose, Mirado, Geronimo to name a few). I almost wish the Premier Club release had been in this color instead (or that I'd had the money to buy that test); ah, well. Hopefully Forever Saige gets released in a new, sassy color soon, though she was a Breyerfest SR last year, is in the current line as Hwin and was this year's first Collector Club model. Maybe she'll show up as a web special next year? That would be pretty cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment