Sunday, October 22, 2017

Featured Model - 10/22/2017, Hermosa

Ack! Somehow I forgot to write a Featured Model post for yesterday! My memory must be failing. As usual, Featured Model is the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is - Hermosa!



This pretty girl is item #90173, and is the first release on the Hermosa/Andalusian Mare mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl. As the first release in the 2015 Premier Club, she was part of a run of around 750 and was also part of a set with her foal, Corazon/Andalusian Foal.

I really like this mold, especially the expression on her face, her light trot and her flowing tail. Has anyone else noticed most of the molds Brigitte has done for Breyer are trotting? Must be her specialty. This particular release had a lot of quality issues, including mismatched masking on her hooves, but mine was mostly okay.

Unfortunately, trotting molds have an unfortunate tendency to tip over, and many of Brigitte's sculpts are no exception. My Weather Girls are pretty bad about this, as are my Gilens, and Hermosa needs to be added to that list too, unfortunately. My three Andalusian Mares are currently living on my dresser, and Fantasia del C has to be propped up to get her to stand. This means she falls over and takes out Mamacita every time I forget and open a drawer too vigorously. If I was braver, I could take a hair dryer to her leg, but I'm just not that brave. So, the dominoes continue until I find a better place to put the mares. Oh well.

Hermosa has been used only twice (in actually attainable releases) since her 2015 debut - as 2016's Breyerfest special run Mamacita, and as this year's regular run Fantasia del C. She's been a BF live auction model once, and was the winning prize in the first year of the BF customs contest. I'm seeing a pattern here...hopefully she gets used outside of a Breyerfest context soon - perhaps as a web special, or collector club special run? A mare this pretty should be used more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment