Saturday, October 28, 2017

Featured Model - 10/28/2017, Valegro

Hello, readers! Welcome to yet another installment of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Valegro!



This model is item #1756 on the Valegro (duh) mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl. The mold debuted in late 2015 and was a portrait of the real Valegro.

I remember this mold causing a bit of a sensation when it first showed up! Lots of people were excited about him, and I have to say I really do think he's handsome. Brigitte did an excellent job on the sculpt and I'm glad to have him in my collection, despite my lack of interest in dressage in general. This color looks really nice on him, and the other colors he's been released in have been quite nice as well (the sheer amount of variety on the Indu release from this year's Breyerfest has been incredible).

As for the sculpt's longevity, however, I've seen reports that these models may not fare so well in the long run. It seems the front ends of the models may not be getting the amount of support they need, and the models end up twisting downward as a result. This is definitely a concern - however, I have yet to see any photos of this happening, so it could all be hearsay for all I know. Definitely something we'll have to look out for in the future, and possibly something to keep in mind when considering spending large sums on rare and/or expensive releases on this mold.

Despite that potential problem, though, I'm glad I have my Valegros! They add some flair to my collection in their own understated way.

And for the final question - where will Valegro turn up next? Who knows! I personally think this year's silver filigree model will be on a Premier Club horse from last year (go Yasmin!) but I wouldn't be in the least surprised if it were on Valegro instead. I guess it won't be too much longer until we find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment