Thursday, September 7, 2023

2023 Fall releases announced!

 Good news, readers! The 2023 Fall Releases have been announced! More information can be found here, but let's look at the releases. Firstly, here's Leif, the 2023 Limited Edition/Fall Decorator: 


















Ooh, what a pretty Vermeer! I love the gold leaves on his coat. Definitely screams "fall decorator" to me! 

Next is the Cheryl White horse/rider/book set we've already seen, so I'll move on to...Cody's Wish! 

















I can't think of a racehorse more deserving of his own model right now than Cody's Wish. Glad to see him getting some attention from Breyer! I can't wait to add him to my collection! 

Next we have Clooney 51!

















Ooh, very pretty! This one is very similar to Get Rowdy from last year - I wonder if Get Rowdy is being retired at the end of this year? That would let a new release slot into his place pretty well, and I think Clooney 51 looks basecoated, so I don't think it'll be hard to tell them apart. I also have a fear that Clooney 51 here may end up being a glossy prize model at Breyerfest next year. Ooh, let's move on from that nightmarish thought.

Next, let's take a look at Norwich! 




















Hey, a new release on the Hackney Pony! He hasn't had a release since 2020 and that was a web special, so it'll be good to see him in the regular line again. 

Lastly, this year's brick-and-mortar special run, Barranco! 




















He's very pretty! Looks pretty similar to Raia, the brick-and-mortar special run from 2020. Maybe a tad lighter shade. With one less sock and a wider blaze. These are only available in physical store locations, so good luck with getting one! 

That's it for new releases for today! The unpacking has been continuing, but is now on hold temporarily until we can get another new shelf built. In the meantime, I haven't had any major casualties, but was dismayed yesterday to discover my palomino Callahan's gloss coat was damaged by the bubble wrap he was stored in. Normally I try to wrap glossies with the bubbles facing out to prevent this kind of damage, but I wasn't paying the most attention when I unwrapped him, so I don't really know if I wrapped him with the bubbles in or not. I guess I wasn't too worried about it since I've never had an issue with bubble wrap and OF gloss before. Lesson learned, I guess. I still have a number of boxes to unpack, so let's hope that's the worst of my issues! 

No comments:

Post a Comment