Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Bolero is here!

 Good news, everyone! My Bolero model arrived today! He's only my second purchase since the start of the year, so I was excited to get his box open and see what I got. Behold! 

















Look at his glossy goodness! 

















So glad I was able to get my hands on one. 





















Quality-wise, he's...well...I've seen some real doozies online, far worse than this guy. He's got the usual little bits of lint in the gloss, and whatever's going on with his cheek in this photo...and then I saw his left ear.





















He had a piece of masking stuck on his ear, on top of the paint but under the gloss. So I pulled it off and this was the result. It doesn't look so bad until you get him into the light.





















Not sure how masking got onto his ear, but there it was. Unfortunately, it's being reported online that there aren't any replacements left, so I'm stuck with him. But like I said above, I've seen some far, FAR worse ones online (really, really bad gloss flaws, broken manes, GIGANTIC areas of missing paint around one eye), so I'm not going to complain too much. Hopefully Breyer does something about this one, because I can't remember the last time I saw this many terrible flaws. 

That's all I have for today, but tomorrow is the first day of March - so hopefully we get some more exciting stuff happening this month! 

1 comment:

  1. If that horse were mine (how delicious he looks!), a bit of clear nail polish would take care of most of the ear. 'The Black Art of O.F. Enhancement' is mostly about trying to fix small things invisibly.

    ReplyDelete