Sunday, May 30, 2021

Featured Model - 5/29/2021, Glossy Bouncer

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the Glossy Bouncer! 










This shiny pony was one of the Breyerfest Live Show prizes back in 2007. He's item #707G, and a total of 28 glossy Bouncers were produced on the Cefnoakpark Bouncer mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. 

You really don't see glossy Bouncers up for sale very often - I think I've seen maybe one for sale since my return to the hobby in 2010. Of course, this is the type of model that changes hands in private sales, so I'm sure some have been sold since then. One wonders what type of price he would bring in today's inflated sales market, though I imagine he'd be worth at least $1,000 even prior to that. In any case, gloss suits him well - it really brings out the undertones in his paint job. 

As for the Bouncer mold, we haven't seen anything new on the mold since last year's Bilberry. He's a mold that doesn't tend to get used very often, for whatever reason, so I don't anticipate seeing any new releases soon, but you never know - maybe they'll come out with a new pony for the mid-year releases - we should be seeing those soon. Or maybe they'll come out with some type of scrubby children's pony for one of this year's TSC releases? That could be fun. In any case, I hope I can get my hands on the next release! I still haven't managed to find a Bilberry for my collection - but I'm sure I'll track one down eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment