Saturday, May 22, 2021

Featured Model - 5/22/2021, LSE G2 Rearing Arabian

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it! This week's model is...the G2 Arabian from the 2009 Lone Star Experience collector event! 









200 of these beauties were produced for attendees of the LSE, produced on the G2 Rearing Arabian sculpted by Kathleen Moody. 

I've always thought this was a cute design- I love the little white curlicues amid the blue. Was this the first time this pattern was used? I can't remember. We've since seen it (or something very similar) on Liberty and at least one Design Your Own Breyer, but I feel like there's one more I'm forgetting. Anyway, it's a very desirable color on a very desirable model! There are 200 of these guys, but they seem to be a pretty hot commodity - you don't see them for sale very often. Hopefully someday I can get my hands on one! 

The Rearing Arabian has had a healthy number of releases over the years since his 1998 debut, so it's hard to say where we'll see him next. I believe he's due for another Breyerfest appearance, though - maybe next year? Or perhaps as some kind of holiday or Halloween blind bag release? Perish the thought - I'd rather just cut to the chase and have them make sets we can buy like in the old days. Remember those good old days? Here's hoping, anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment