Saturday, May 15, 2021

Featured Model - 5/15/2021, Breton

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but would like to, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Breton! 
















This little heartbreaker was the runner-up prize for last year's Breyerfest Best Customs Contest. Only 11 of them were made! He's item #711393 and was produced on the Darwin/Lipizzaner mold sculpted by Kelly Sealey. He's an alternate version of the original Darwin, but black instead of dunalino. 

What a heartbreaker, indeed! 10 of these were awarded in the contest last year, with an 11th auctioned off with a Cornwall, the grand prize model, in last year's online Breyerfest auction. He looks good in black - fortunately I have the much-easier-to-obtain black one from the Deluxe Horse Collection. Maybe someday we'll get an actual greyed-out Lipizzaner on this mold! We can only dream - after all, we still haven't gotten a black Django, either. Excuse me while I suppress rolling my eyes...but anyway. 

Where will we see Darwin next? He's a pretty hot commodity at the moment - he was used in four different releases last year and is getting at least two this year, so I'd guess they'll let the mold cool down for a little while after that - but anything is possible, right? Probably another regular run release if anything, since he's been used for just about everything possible in the last few years. I guess we'll see eventually! 

No comments:

Post a Comment