Saturday, February 8, 2020

Featured Model - 2/8/2020, Acadia

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Acadia!



This handsome guy was a web special back in 2017. He's item #712223 on the Valegro mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl, and was a run of 350.

Acadia was from the first year of the America the Beautiful web special theme, and he was definitely popular! He's definitely a beautiful color. He even has nicely-done, subtle dapples...which is more than I can say for some of Breyer's dappled models. And I love his blue eye! I don't remember if both his eyes are blue, but it definitely makes him more striking. He also has plenty of chrome, which I always like to see on a model. Hopefully we see this color on more models in the future - I think the new Ideal Quarter Horse on Geronimo is pretty similar to this.

As for Valegro, he's gotten quite a few releases since his 2015 debut. Will we see him at Breyerfest? Maybe as a prize or auction model - he was used in the special run line in 2017, so I wouldn't expect to see him again there so soon. But you never know - he was the second Collector Club special run last year, so they probably have plenty of  bodies lying around if they wanted to do another release. Maybe there will be a glossy Lucien in the silent auction? That would be fun to see (if spendy for somebody). But I hope his next release is something I can get ahold of!

No comments:

Post a Comment