Saturday, February 15, 2020

Featured Model - 2/15/2020, Walmart Unicorn Crazy Surprise Series 2 Warmblood Mare

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the Walmart Unicorn Crazy Surprise Series 2 Warmblood Mare! Sheesh, that's a long name.



This pretty girl (and I do mean girl; I have no idea why Breyer labeled it a stallion when she clearly doesn't have any bits) is one of the unicorns to be found in the Series 2 blind bag unicorn assortment at Walmart (slowly being replaced by series 3). She's item #97268 and was sculpted by Kristina Lucas Francis.

I picked this model because I love that color scheme! There's just something I really like about the pink/purple/blue color scheme. Other things that use this color scheme are various Frozen memorabilia and this level from Super Mario 3D World, among other things. I love it! I hope Breyer uses this color again in the future. 

As for the mold, she's certainly gotten a lot of use since her introduction waaaaaay back in...2019? Sheesh, it seems like it's been longer than that for some reason. Well, I'm sure they want to get their investment in the mold back as soon as possible. Where will we see her next? The possibilities are endless, but I suspect she'll be the mysterious Unicorn Crazy Series 3 chase model that no one has found yet. There's a decent chance she'll pop up as the Stablemate at the upcoming Seattle Soiree - I personally hope it's a mold I don't collect - the fewer things I have to track down afterward, the better. And maybe she'll get another realistic release as well? Let's hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment