Friday, November 10, 2017

Odds and Ends

Okay, this one might be old news by now, but it was revealed last week that the 2018 Breyerfest Celebration Horse will be Brass Hat, on the Carrick mold! I've been waiting for more official confirmation than "blurry photo of a flyer" but we haven't gotten that yet, so here we are.

I'm excited for this news - mostly because I like Carrick, and the (poor-quality) photos look pretty good - he actually looks somewhat like brass! And I'm glad they chose this particular horse for the Celebration Model - so many people were getting starry-eyed about their favorite famous racehorse (usually expensive breeding stallions) being the Celebration Horse, but I knew it would have to be some type of moderately successful Thoroughbred, probably a gelding, and ideally one that went on to have a successful second career after racing - and Brass Hat is all of those things! Huzzah! I'm excited for next year already!

Secondly, a few days ago Breyer put up another free calendar offer on the website - the usual spend $50, get a free calendar thing - and now the calendar is showing up at people's houses. And inside the calendar are some surprise reveals for next year! Again, I'm waiting for an official announcement, or photos better than "blurry photo of a calendar page," but I can say that the surprises include a white unicorn Yasmin (Yes! But white, again? Bleh), and...California Chrome is finally getting his own portrait model, on Cigar (meh). I like Chrome, though not enough to call myself a Chromie or anything. I'd probably like him more if his owners weren't such imbeciles, but that's another story for another day. Sadly, I cleared my shelves of my Cigar models a couple of years ago, and have no plans on adding more, so the Chrome model won't be joining my herd. That unicorn Yasmin, though...bring her on!

No comments:

Post a Comment