Thursday, November 2, 2017

2017 Unicorn Set - Rosalind and Rigel!

That's not all the exciting reveals we've had today - we also got a new set of unicorns! Behold:



Rosalind and Rigel!

I'm super happy to see this release - Giselle and Gilen need to be used more often, and what's more fitting than a unicorn set? I like how the horns look, too - a lot of times the added horns look really goofy (looking at you, Stone). But these look perfectly natural. I'm mildly annoyed that they did another mostly-white unicorn set, though - expand your horizons a bit, Breyer! Unicorns could come in a lot of different colors! Branch out a bit.

The names are kind of weird, too. Okay, Rosalind is perfectly reasonable, I guess, but...Rigel?

EDIT: Reading fail...his name is Rigel, not Regel. Apparently Rigel is the name of a star. D'oh! That makes a lot more sense.

I still bought this set along with my Carina and Selene, though. Sheesh, with today's releases and renewing my Premier Club membership, Breyer has gotten a lot of money out of me lately. I've been cutting back on my purchases for the last couple of months, though, so I don't feel too guilty. But I can't wait for these unicorns to get here so I can see how pretty they are!

There has been some speculation that this is our holiday mare and foal set, but I wouldn't be so sure - those sets come with blankets, and have been issued on older, less popular molds. I think the holiday mare and foal set are still on the way - I'm hoping for Susecion and Le Fire, but we'll see what we get.

No comments:

Post a Comment