Saturday, November 11, 2017

Featured Model - 11/11/2017, Mini Tseminole Wind

Hello, readers, and welcome to the latest installment of Featured Model! Featured Model is the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...mini Tseminole Wind!



This little guy is item #711080, on the G2 Rearing Arabian mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody. He was part of the 20th Anniversary Commemorative Set released at Breyerfest in 2009; a total of 500 sets were produced. The Commemorative Set consisted of Stablemate-sized portraits of the 20 Breyerfest Celebration Horses that had been done at that time.

I like the color on this model, mostly because flashy bay pintos are totally my bag. I used to have the Traditional-size version of this model, on the Sham mold, and loved him for years until I finally decided his shelf space needed to go to molds I liked more. Fortunately, Stablemate molds take up a lot less space than Traditionals, so I'm not likely to ever need to get rid of my models on this particular mold.

I always liked this mold, despite his lack of detail. He has attitude! Like the poorly-behaved Arabian halter stallions of yore, he definitely gets your attention one way or another. And like most of the Stablemate molds, he's seen a lot of use - I think I have around 15 of them in my collection. The more the merrier! Who knows where we'll see him next, since he was just used in this year's Stablemate Club. But we're due for some new Stablemate releases next year - maybe he'll pop up there!

No comments:

Post a Comment